Montachusett Opportunity Council, Inc.
The Montachusett Opportunity Council, Inc. (MOC) was established in 1966 for the primary purpose of promoting the well being of low-income people in the cities and towns of North Central Massachusetts. MOC continues to fulfill this purpose through providing direct services, collaborating with other public and private entities and by applying comprehensive strategies that help to address the complex issues of poverty.
MOC has been providing quality services to alleviate poverty in North Central Massachusetts by:
- Improving the overall health and well-being of individuals and families,
- Helping to improve and maintain residents’ self-sufficiency, and
- Building a sense of community and collaboration among service providers and residents.
Last year, MOC provided services in 30 communities and served over 20,000 individuals. To carry out that work, MOC provides services through our three Divisions: Child Care & Head Start; Housing & Community Services and Nutrition & Wellness Services. MOC delivers a variety of services including childcare, education, nutrition, training, health, community services, asset development, energy conservation and housing & homelessness services.
The “Taste of North Central” Fundraising Dollars at Work Assisting our Communities:
MOC provided over $90,000 in fundraising proceeds over the past year towards the following programs and services:
- $10,000 to support Jobs4Youth Program. With these funds and other private fundraising dollars, 38 Youth were provided summer employment opportunities and job supports.
- $21,483 to provide operational support to MOC’s Division of Housing and Community Services, including the Homework Center at Green Acres, Food Pantry and Financial Education Counseling.
- $10,000 to support MOC’s Elder Services Operations that provided meals to over 2,700 individuals last year.
- $16,666 to support the operations of Childcare & Head Start that provided pre-school activities to develop school readiness skills to 450 children through Child Care Services and 550 children through Head Start.
- $2,446 in proceeds assisted 5 households in need of rental assistance.
- $13,560 in proceeds assisted 39 households in need of utility assistance.
- $16,125 in proceeds were used to provide emergency food cards to households in need.
Please support our Eighth Annual Event. Proceeds directly support MOC’s Programs for Children and Families.